Thursday, April 7, 2011

The big Two - Three

Ben has once again spoiled me for my birthday.  I turned 23 and I have decided it's a good number and probably my favorite age so far :)  On my birthday Ben took me and Kai to Angie's Restaurant for breakfast (they have the best french toast) then we just lounged around until dinner when He took me, Kai and Alisha out to Cafe Sabor (my favorite!).  He got me a very cute outfit (with the help of Alisha) and to my surprise a new laptop!  Which I am using to blog at this very moment.  I love it!  It is so much quicker and easier to use than my last one. 
Little did I know my birthday surprise was not over with my birthday ending.  On Saturday I drove Ben to the airport so he could leave on one of his usual business trips.  On my way home my sister called and asked if I would bring home a bag of chips for dinner.  When I returned home to my parent's house I walked in the entryway and SURPRISE!  My entire family with the exception of Cory and Kimmy in Hawaii was there, I was so overwhelmed and then as I am looking through the crowd I spot Ben, I was so confused at first since I just had dropped him off at the airport. Alisha was there waiting for him and drove him back home after I dropped him off.  It was the best surprise I could ever imagine.  Ben and my sister Julia worked together to make the best birthday ever for me.  All the balloons had nice facts on them about me and after dinner (hot dogs made on the grill, a personal favorite) we watched home videos, which was a lot of fun to do with all of the family.  Then Ben had one more surprise up his sleeve...more presents!  I couldn't believe it.  I got a swim suit and swim cover-up as well as a jogging stroller!  (which I have used 3 times now, hopefully I can keep it up).  What a birthday, I don't think Ben will ever be able to top this year!

Everyone waiting for me to show up

My surprised face, a little blurry but you get the idea

Kai had a melt down when everyone yelled surprise, Jamie was a good baby whisperer and helped keep him calm so I could enjoy my party.  Thanks Jamie!

2 comments:

Cory & Kimmy said...

aww, we wish we could have been there! I heard all about it the next day though. Sounds like you had an awesome birthday! So jealous! haha.

Matt and Laura said...

What a fun birthday!! Happy late birthday! That is so cute he had you take him to the airport and then showed up- so sweet!!