Monday, March 11, 2013

All about November

November was kind of a blur to me.  I was soooo ready to be done with my pregnancy and my count down to baby time had begun.  Here are a few things Kai was up to:

Rearranging Mom and Dad's closet.


 Eating oatmeal on the couch (sometimes you just have to do whatever you can to get your child to eat).

Visiting Grandma in her classroom.

Napping with Dad.

Working on the upstairs with Dad.
Changing Scout's diaper.

Playing "doctor" with Rascal the bunny...it looks more like torture to me.
 

Playing doctor with Mommy and checking on the baby in her belly.  
Kai found this ultrasound toy that my parent's have and he knew exactly what to do with it without any assistance.  He came up to me, lifted up my shirt and placed it on my belly. Smart boy!
 
This is a picture taken in a bathroom stall at Walmart.  As I was doing my grocery shopping I realized I needed to go to the bathroom soooo bad (the joys of being pregnant), and all I could think about was how I wish there was some way to strap Kai down so he wouldn't try to open the stall door and run away while I was using the restroom. I walked into the stall and saw a chair with a seat belt and couldn't help but laugh, I have never seen anything like this before. I almost believe that God knew exactly what I needed and magically placed it in the stall for me as I was headed over to it. Seriously though, has anyone else ever seen anything like this before?  Needless to say it was my little miracle for the day and Kai looked so dang cute just sitting there.

About three months before November Ben had noticed a little bump below Kai's knee, we thought nothing of it and thought it was maybe a goose egg or a welt.  Awhile after first noticing the bump I noticed it again and thought that it was probably just a bump from him running into something.  Finally a few months after the first discovery of his bump under his knee I realized this was probably no coincidence and that the bump under his knee was probably the same bump we found three months ago, so we decided to have the doctor take a look at it.  A doctor examination, an x-ray, and an ultrasound later the doctor decided it was some kind of foreign object that needed to come out.  So the doctor gave him some local anesthetic and cut into him to try to pull the object out.  After a very long 10-15 minutes he finally found the object, it was a small piece of fiber glass, which to this day we still have no idea where it had come from.  We were getting nervous that the doctor was not going to be able to find the object, and if he was unsuccessful then Kai would have had to go in for surgery to get it removed, so we were all feeling very lucky and blessed that the doctor was able to find it.  Kai was so relieved to be finished that he continued to say "all done" the entire way home.  Four months have passed and Kai still talks about his hurt leg and how he is all done. 
 

One afternoon I laid down with Kai to take a nap with him, I fell asleep and he did not.  When I later awoke I found him in the freezer eating the ice cream with his hands.  I love this silly boy :)

No comments: