Friday, November 16, 2012

Austin, Texas

The beginning of September we went out to Austin, Texas to visit my brother Cory and took his cute little boy Caleb along with us.  When we got home Kai kept asking where "Bub Bub" was, aka Caleb.

These two had a lot of fun together and thank goodness for the stroller you see in the picture below, I need to get me one of these before our second baby comes along!


 Here Kai is enjoying his morning froot loops.  We had an awesome view of "the lake" outside our window.  It is actually a river but it is so large that the locals refer to it as the lake.

Here we are at the candy store, I think this was Kai's favorite activity.

Taking a break in the middle of the aisle to eat some candy.


Austin was such an exciting and fun city.  This particular night we walked around for a while and got to see all the neat street vendors and stores.

This is Kai in absolute heaven.  Hangin' out in bed between Mom and Dad watching "A Bug's Life" eating all the candy his little heart desired.

Kai loved getting to press the buttons in the elevator.

The train here is what Kai remembers best about this trip.  Everyday while in Austin he asked if we could go ride the train or "choo choo my"




We took a trip to the toy store and Kai spotted the Rody's.  Caleb has one of these at his Dad's house and Kai wanted one so bad!




We had a so much good food while visiting but our night at the Salt Lick was my favorite, I don't think I have or ever will eat better BBQ.  I like this picture of Kai because he is in the middle of saying, "where is he"  I think he was looking for Ben.
 

This is Ben tasting his chocolate covered bacon,  it wasn't too bad tasting but tasted more like beef jerky rather than bacon.

These two did really well on the plane but the flight home was extra nice because they both slept.

No comments: