Thursday, November 15, 2012

June

June started out with some very cold swimming lessons.  Last year we did swimming lessons in August but since I was just barely pregnant as well as my sister-in-law Amy, we decided we should do swimming lessons before our bellies got too big. Here is Kai and Kensington holding hands after swimming lessons.  Kai LOVED swimming lessons and he really did learn a lot.  Here we are in November and he still asks me if we can go to the pool.  I can't believe next year will be our last year of mommy and me classes, but it will be perfect timing because then he can go to his own class and I can take baby #2 to mommy and me classes.

 The next four photos were taken on my sister Alisha's birthday which happened to land on South Jordan day (or whatever it is called) so the night ended with fireworks.  Since our auto focus doesn't work on our camera you can see the pictures get more and more blurry as the night went on, the darker it got the more difficult it was to use the manual focus.  
That night Kai woke up at about 2am and took Ben to the window and made actions and sound effects of fireworks and began to clap.  I guess he must have had fireworks on the mind and wanted to go look outside to see if they were still going on.


Happy Birthday Beautiful Alisha!

This picture makes me laugh because of how blurry it is, but I imagine it would have been a really cute family photo had it not been so blurry :(

After swimming lessons were over Kai and I had to go back a few more times throughout the summer to get our pool fix.  Here is my little cutie eating a snack after swimming.


Swimming tired him out and he usually was asleep by the time we got home.

Here is Kai and Dad enjoying a very large popcorn as we wait for Madagascar 3 to start.

I love this picture below.  Kai's sweet Aunt Sam would come once a week to take Kai to her house for a play date with Tristan since I was feeling sick with my pregnancy.  This particular morning when I was getting Kai ready I told him he was going to go play with Tristan today, so as soon as he was ready he stood by the window watching and waiting for Tristan to come.

This was our first incident with Kai coloring on the wall and he was happy to clean up his mess, or at least he tried to wipe it up, I had to do the final touch up.

June ended with Ben's step-brother Jordan getting married.  Kai was the ring bearer and he looked sooo cute in his tux!  He did awesome walking down the aisle and despite my concern that he would get scared and cry he did just fine without any help from me and Ben.


No comments: